Tuesday, October 22, 2013 | By: Anita

Day twenty-two

Day 22: rant about something. get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. {a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbour or boss does that really ticks you off}

A short rant about Pinterest.

According to their website ~ Pinterest is where you go to discover new things and collect stuff you love. If you find something online you want to build, cook, buy or do, just Pin It to your board ... It’s the third largest social network, behind Facebook and Twitter and in January 2012, the site reported there were 11.7 million unique users, making it the fastest site in history to break through the 10 million unique visitor mark. Most of the site's users are female.

Chances are you've heard someone, probably your girlfriend, mother, sister, daughter or the lady at the grocery store, breathlessly praising the glories of Pinterest.

I don’t use Pinterest.

I’m sorry, but I just don’t get it… scrolling through the never-ending pages of Pinterest, can likely make one start to feel inadequate. Maybe my lack of craftiness is at the root of my Pinterest loathing.  As it makes everything look so easy

I know that some people find value and meaning in making beautifully crafted projects with {or for} their children. But I also see many women who are so critical of their work that it takes away from the enjoyment of the project, and the celebration.


That's right: I hate you, Pinterest. 

Before you came along, I was in awe of my friends' decorations and recipes that they created. Now they just say, “You can do it, too ~ Pinterest!” But I can’t.  One thing I am not is crafty ~ at all.   No matter how hard I tried.

In case you haven't figured this part out yet, Pinterest is for makers. Makers of crafts, food, clothes, and all those DIY projects around the house.
In short, Pinterest has raised the bar too high. For our homes, for our wardrobes, for everyday recipes that have turned us into wanting every part of our lives to be Pinterest-perfect.

Blessings

0 comments: