Monday, October 7, 2013 | By: Anita

Day seven

Day 7: the thing(s) you’re most afraid of

OK, heres the thing... I am afraid to write down what I am afraid of, for fear that it will happen... I'm not superstitious or anything... its just that once its out there... alright no more stalling...

The thing I am most afraid of is... getting LOST.

Everytime we travel to some where we've never been before, I have moments of sheer panic.  Even though, I am armed with a google maps print out, a GPS, cell-phone and we even have CAA road-side assistance, I tend to worry. Unlike my son, who thinks of it like an adventure...  


I know I probably shouldnt worry quite so much and yet..... I do! 

I mean really, what's the worst that could happen?  So thats what I do, when I have those moments of panic, whether were at the beginning or in the middle of our journey and we miss our turn off, I calm myself by thinking what is the worst thing that can happen, I go through all the different scenarios in my mind, figuring out what Ill do through each scenario and carry on... until we’ve arrived at our destination. 

Since Ive never actually been lost, I not sure where this fear has come from and while it might seem irrational to some, for me it resurfaces each and time we travel.

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Yeah, and when we go to England we will have a tour guide so there is NO way we will get lost. ;)

Anneliese said...

That is one of my fears too! I have a terrible sense of direction.