Saturday, October 12, 2013 | By: Anita

Day twelve

Day 12: what do you miss? {a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life…}

There are times, I must admit, that I really miss the time in our lives when all our kids were at home. Maybe I’m looking through rose-coloured glasses, but I have many fond memories of our kids during the high school years. When they would come home from school and we’d sit around the table enjoying each others company, discussing their day in great detail and processing together each situation they would find themselves in.

Being a part of their lives was very import ant to me, so I always made sure to have either fresh baked cookies coming out of the oven as they came through the doors, or some other type of snack on the kitchen table enticing them to stay at chat with me… sure I know we had our times when we squabbled and perhaps didn’t see eye to eye on certain occasions, but we were able to talk it through, giving advice and helping them to discern for themselves.

I’ve tried throughout my life, to embrace the different times in my life, trying not to regret the past, or look to far into the future for new adventures… slowly I am learning to live in the moment and appreciate each stage.

Dr Seuss said it best “Don’t cry because it’s over, SMILE because it happened.”

So I smile.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

That is a great quote for me to remember!