Thursday, October 3, 2013 | By: Anita

Day three

Day 3: things that make you uncomfortable

It is extremely uncomfortable for me to walk into a large auditorium, full of people that I do not know. I am mildly agoraphobic ~ which is the fear of crowds.  Crowds, whether in the mall, at a sporting event, at the movies or theatre, on the street or at friends or familys home, sometimes can be frightening and quite overwhelming and these are times when I actually feel symptomatic and my heart starts to pound, my hands get all sweaty and I have difficulty breathing.  While I am nervous in large crowds, thankfully, I do let my fear interfere with my day to day living. I mean, I don't avoid going to the movies, or avoid shopping at the mall, I don't stop going to church because I am afraid of being caught in a crowd.  It doesn't cause me to avoid situations, or even to leave the house.  I am just uncomfortable being in places with large amounts of people.  I tend to feel insecure around so many people I do not know.  I prefer to be in smaller groups of people and would rather be one on one.

Blessings

0 comments: