Wednesday, October 30, 2013 | By: Anita

Day thirty

Day 30: react to this term: letting go

This term scares me… I like to be in control of my life, my decisions, where I go, what I do, in fact I like total control.

I think we try to control things because of what we think might happen if we don’t. Most of us, worry, fuss, and fret far more than we need to, but the thing is I am paralyzed by the what if’s

I think letting go ~ means giving up control.  

Having control over our lives isn’t always a bad thing. But here’s the thing ~ we need to understand that the control we want to have over our lives can only go so far. Things happen in our lives that we have no control over and we have to be able to deal with that. Trying for too much control of our lives and we could end up missing some awesome God-moments.

God knows the end from the beginning and He has good plans for you. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) "I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, “plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” No matter what you are encountering today, no matter if you are facing disappointment or heartache, rest assured that God holds you in the palm of His hand. He will not let you go. He has so many good things in store for you.

God is always by our side waiting to interact with us, intervene and create moments of opportunity for His kingdom to come in our daily lives. It’s exciting, isn’t it? Even for a control freak like me! It's not about the plans that I have for my life, but His plans.

How easy is it for those God-moments to take place in your life?

Blessings


0 comments: