Sunday, October 13, 2013 | By: Anita

Day thirteen

Day 13: issue a public apology. this can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.

Dear Coffee counter employee

I am sorry that you have to wait on countless people, taking their orders for coffee, tea and such. Having to make smoothies using that annoying loud blender throughout the day must keep your ears ringing all night.

It must be frustrating having to cater to the whim of every paying customer. I didnt realize following instructions could be so hard. Its just that I prefer to have my sandwich fixings put in a wrap, it wasn’t my intent to send you into a deep frenzy of frustration.

While I can appreciate a fun environment to work at, I think it lacks character when you mock customers or continue to have a conversation that should clearly be private out behind the counter.

I realize too that it might be an off day for you. Perhaps, you just had another fight with your live-in boyfriend over the fact he plays too much Call of Duty, or that you are stuck working the afternoon shift for the next week, because your boss knows youre too slow to handle the morning coffee rush.

It may be that youre tired, bored, annoyed, overworked or even fed up.

But seriously, I get it. Youre just filling in time until you can get a better paying job, one where you feel more appreciated and your talents are recognized. Until then, could you please remember that without me, you wouldn’t have a job.

Sincerely,
A coffee drinker

Blessings

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

This is good and all too true. :)