Wednesday, October 16, 2013 | By: Anita

Day sixteen

Day 16: something difficult about your “lot in life” and how you’re working to overcome it

As a child, I had this idea of what life was going to be when we’re 30, 45, 70 and even perhaps just how long we might live. When I was younger I remember thinking that people who are my age and have adult children are super old and that they can’t possibly have any fun in life…. oh how little I really knew!


The thing is, I never really expected to be “here”… married 27 years, 3 +1 amazing kids, farming, and diagnosed with significant health issues… I’ve written about my journey here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Having an auto-immune disorder has been difficult. Since it’s something others simply cannot see, I often find myself having to explain my “lot in life”.  Most people don’t seem to get, so it’s up to me to advocate for myself and sometimes that has been a real struggle. Thankfully my family understands my limitations and are a great support system for me….

In Jesus Calling, author Sarah Young says:
Grow strong in your weakness
Some of My children I’ve gifted with abundant strength and stamina. Others, like you, have received the humble gift of frailty. Your fragility is not a punishment, nor does it indicate lack of faith. On the contrary, weak ones like you must live by faith, developing your ability to trust Me, to lean on Me, rather than on your understanding. Your natural preference is to plan out your day, knowing what will happen when. My preference is for you to depend on Me continually, trusting Me to guide you and strengthen you as needed. This is how you grow strong in your weakness.

This is something I will never overcome, it’s one of those things that I have had to accept, deal with and realize that “this” is all part of His plan and I will put my trust in Him.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 {New International Version {NIV}}
 
Blessings



1 comments:

Anneliese said...

May His grace continue to be sufficient for you! Isn't that an amazing promise?