Friday, January 20, 2012 | By: Anita

**yawn**

Sleep - it's overrated.

It's one of those nights, er I mean, early mornings again, where I cannot sleep.

And yet, I sit here,

yawning..... in fact every time I think the word yawn, I yawn, and when I yawn, I yawn again. You'd think yawning is contagious or something. What's up with that?

It’s been widely assumed that yawning occurs because we are tired or bored or because we see someone else doing it, but there isn’t any hard evidence to support these beliefs. The truth is that I don’t completely understand why we yawn.

So, until those questions are answered, I'll not assume that a person who yawns in my presence is bored with what I am saying, I'll just try my best to not allow the power of suggestion to add my own yawning to the mix.

So tell me, when reading this post, how many times did you yawn?

Maybe sleep isn't the problem ... maybe the problem is getting too much awakeness.

"Sixteen hours of consciousness is more than enough for the average human being: more is too much of a good thing." - The Psychology of Mental Disorders, 1928

Either way it's frustrating - simply frustrating.

Blessings

0 comments: