Friday, January 27, 2012 | By: Anita

Reading List

What are you reading to pass the time on these cold wintry days? As an avid reader, I read a lot of different books - some fiction, some non-fiction, some Christian inspirational, some secular. My favorite genre to read is suspense thriller. There are several different authors that I enjoy reading; James Patterson, Brandilyn Collins, Kristin Hannah, Jodi Picoult, Ted Dekker, John Grisham, Erica Spindler, Nicholas Sparks, Sophie Kinsella, to name only a few.

I am one of those who visits my local library often (as you can tell!). Rarely do I purchase a book, unless it is going to be used long term/for reference. I also keep a running list of books I want to read, especially if I find an author that I enjoy. I tend to read everything they've written or if I find a series - I'll start from the first book (if I can find it) and go from there. I like to read sequentially and rarely do I read a book more than once.

Sometimes I'll read a book and part way through I'll realize that it sounds familiar because I've read it years ago. That's happening more and more with all the reading that I am doing. I should start keeping a list of books I read each year.

Usually, I always have a stack of books available to me because, well, I love to read. But lately the books I have been getting from the library are, well, kinda boring. And if it’s one thing I’ve learned through all the reading that I’ve done is that there are too many good books to waste time reading a bad book. So I am bookless at the moment. But don’t despair, I am still reading. I’ve found a new blog to follow. (in)courage It's an eclectic collection of women who offer their advice, share their thoughts, discuss what moves them and help to bring understanding to what it means to be a woman.

As usual I happened upon that blog through another as I happened upon that blog from another one. Yes, I know, I do spend too much time on the Internet.

So what are you reading these days - any good books or blogs you want to recommend?

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I just finished "A love that Multiplies" by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. I absolutely loved it. It was light, quick read, finished in 2 days. :) Now, I want to read their first book.

Becky said...

I am about halfway through the list you gave me to read...I have discovered books on CD which help make my car ride to and from work go SO QUICK!!!!

Blessings
Bliss