Sunday, January 22, 2012 | By: Anita

The Plan

I am a planner, a list maker, a ‘I like to know what is going to happen before it happens’ type of person. I totally get excited at the beginning of a new year. A new beginning. A fresh start of our plans for the upcoming year. A time to make new lists! But really, no matter how many plans we have, how many lists we make, our path is not our own. He has already made our plans. He knows our path.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
For the first time, as this new year begins, I am thinking of this time in a whole new way. I am more excited about the plans He has for me than any list of plans I can make for myself. This verse doesn’t talk about God knowing the plans that we have for ourselves. They are His plans for us. We are precious and honored in His sight. He loves us.

He has better and bigger plans for me than I can even imagine! He gives us more than we can hope for! I know I just need to get myself out of the way. I need to be open. I need to listen. I need to be patient.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7

Less me, more Him.

Less my plans, more His plans.

Less when I want it, more His perfect timing.


I know it may not be easy to let go those ideas that I can control everything. But I do know what a weight off my shoulders it will be. We follow His lead to the “next step,” the next best thing for us. We trust. So often it is all about trust. That trust gives us hope in our future. There is so much we do not know and do not understand. HE is taking care of it all. HE does not make mistakes. He has a reason for everything. Each season in our life is made perfect in His timing with His plans for His purpose.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1

God is great and God has great things in store for each of us. He has a plan for us to shine His light the brightest. Our future and our dreams are safe in His hands.

Can you even imagine the plans He has for you!? Do you have a whisper of what His plans are for you this year?

Blessings

2 comments:

Tom said...

If you continue reading in Jeremiah 29 you will see exactly what God's plans are for us:

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

God's plan for all of us is that we will know him - something that I am only beginning to understand.

Anneliese said...

Well spoken. It is so good to know God has a plan and that it is a good plan. He works all things for good for those wh trust Him and are fitting into His plan. I want to fit into HIs plan ... oh for more faith to do that.