Friday, January 13, 2012 | By: Anita

Triskaidekaphobia

From Wikipedia, Triskaidekaphobia (from Greek tris meaning "3", kai meaning "and", deka meaning "10" and phobia meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is fear of the number 13; it is a superstition and related to a specific fear of Friday the 13th. Today is the 1st of the three Friday the 13th for the 2012 calendar year. Also from Wikipedia, the fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia (Frigga being the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named and triskaidekaphobia meaning fear of the number thirteen).

Personally, I am not afraid of the number 13, nor Friday the 13th. I don't believe in back luck, or good luck for that matter. I believe that all things that happen, happen to us for a reason. Usually if you look for it there is a lesson to be learned. Romans 8:28 says: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".

So I won't be afraid today. I'll go about my day as I always do. How about you?

Blessings

0 comments: