Wednesday, January 25, 2012 | By: Anita

To-do List

For my days at home I tend to create a list of things to do. I cross them off as I get them done, but when I over plan and try to accomplish an unrealistic amount of chores, I feel like I don't quite measure up to the world's standards. After all, I should be able to get everything done.

It's taken time and thankfully, I've learned that there are things that I don’t have to do. Sometimes it helps me to list out all the things I do not have to do.
* Pick up my phone.
* Check on the world through facebook.
* Clean the toilets.
* Wash the pile of clothes sitting in the wash hamper.
* Re-do my toe-nail polish.
* Read the new book that came from the library.
* Watch a movie.
* Get groceries.
* Brush my hair.
* Organize another closet.
* Consume sugar.
* Be on anyone else’s time frame.
* Stay awake.
* Shove one more thing into this already full day.
Upon completion of writing a list like this, I always feel like I’ve gained some sense of control back. Like I do own my life and my choices, and I’m not being swept away by some chaotic wave.

Just start living, that's the next thing on my list. It’s time that I made time for that! {probably the best line}

What would go on your “to not to do” list right now?

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I like this. I would like not to spend hours on the phone with phone and hydro and gas companies, but alas! This is what my day has become. And I escape into blogger and facebook to help me be less frustrated. Maybe I will actually get something done this afternoon. :p

Becky said...

I would not like to spend so much time on the road driving back and forth to work...but alas it is a job ....so I now have books I listen to on CD and my drive does not seem as long....and I get more time to do a favorite past time...spending time in books...

Bliss