Friday, May 16, 2014 | By: Anita

Make it count

I want my days to count for something.

Staying at home full-time I’ve come to realize if you want to be productive at home, you must be home. That’s not hard that part, I like being home. The hard part is you have to do your work. I know it’s not rocket science. I get distracted quite easily. I want to do my work and do it well!

Navigating this life can be challenging {especially if you’re directionally challenged like me}

There are many roads...
Many obstacles, a few twists and turns...
Sometimes even a dead end...

We become distracted along the way, forget where we’re heading and become diverted. Sometimes, the path in front of us even seems to disappear and we have no idea how to take even another step forwards.  It’s exhausting, sometimes, and it can often feel overwhelming.  We find ourselves running to and fro from activity to activity or clicking to and from site to site, in some desperate search for anything that means something.
 

And then…

I had an apostrophe. A genuine, bona fide apostrophe! Just like Smee in Hook.

If I want to be more intentional in my life this year; with my time, my thoughts, the words I say or post, where I spend my time and who I spend it with, then I need to make each day count.

When I don’t know which way to turn…
When I feel too weak to keep going…
When the future is hidden and uncertain…
I will fix my eyes on Jesus!  because, while I may not know what the future holds, I do know the ONE who holds mine... Jeremiah 29:11 {New International Version {(NIV}} “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Blessings

3 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

I was just thinking the other day that Jer 29:11 would make a GREAT next tattoo for you. ;) Like you need more ideas.

Debra said...

I have many plans. It's always deciding which direction He wants me to go I find hard. Right now I'm thinking I've got it all wrong and need to start over again.

Anneliese said...

Carpe Diem ... learning to do that by asking Jesus to direct the day is becoming more and more important.