Thursday, May 22, 2014 | By: Anita

Finale

Last night we invited our friends Heather & Deane over along with Krystle & Gerard to watch the season finale of Survivor.

You've heard of it, I'm sure...  it’s the reality based tv-show with the tag line “Out-wit, Outlast & Outplay” with lots of changes , or “twists” to keep the players on their toes, to keep viewers hooked and to keep it as exciting “game” show as possible. With tribal switches, starting the game with more than two tribes, using “Exile island”, having hidden immunity idols and “Redemption Island”, this is perhaps one of my favourite shows. Even though it’s full of liars, cheaters, and backstabbers {oh my!} , I will admit I am hooked after having watched 17 of the 28 seasons.


As we welcomed our guests to the house, I really began to feel self-conscience of this old country farm-house with its uneven floors, low doorways, crooked stairs and the lack of updated renovations. But as my friend oohed and aahed over the enormous country kitchen, the cozyness of the family room and the size of the yard, I began to feel a little guilty that what we have I take for granted.

Thank you dear friend for giving me the fresh perspective needed to truly appreciate what it is we have.

Blessings

2 comments:

Debra said...

I think we are told by society that our house needs to be a certain way. But a home is totally different. You have a home that has had laughter and tears, skinned knees and mamas kisses. Warm cookies with milk and big Christmas dinners. Every inch of your house is your home and that's something you can't buy or remodel.

krystle ann-marie said...

I love love love the character & history in homes. It can be vulnerable opening up your home to others, especially new friends, but it's wonderful because they feel invited into your life. And it's real.