Tuesday, May 6, 2014 | By: Anita

Birthday Letter

Dear Mom,
Today is your **th birthday
{we’ll keep that secret between us}. I have decided to write you something, since writing is the easiest way for me to express myself…

As a young girl when asked what I wanted to be, my answer always was “a mom”. I think that’s because you were the best example of showing me what it truly means to be a great mom. Growing up we had our fair share of arguments, pretty much 80% of the time, and our relationship wasn’t an easy one; we rarely saw eye to eye, and often rubbed each other the wrong way. I know it wasn’t always easy. Thankfully, I grew up…

You have always been involved in my life and my families lives, I love how you love my kids and I love how they love you, making us all so very blessed to have you in our lives. I’ve probably said it before, but it bears repeating ~ Thank you for always, always being at my side and having my back. No one is in my corner quite the way you are. Thank you for being you. Thank you for your unconditional love. I don’t deserve it, but boy am I grateful for it. Thank you for the many wonderful things you taught me. You are an amazing woman! I don’t know what I did to deserve you, but I am so glad that God decided to give you to me anyway.

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, mom!
I hope you break 100 with good health and a strong mind. There’ll never be a day in my life when I won’t need you. I’m here for you too. Please remember that.

I treasure you, mom, and love you so much!

Love your daughter

Blessings

3 comments:

Debra said...

If we only knew then, what we know now.....

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Feeling very humbled and blessed. Thanks Anita
Mom

Anneliese said...

Happy birthday to your Mom!