Thursday, May 29, 2014 | By: Anita

JAKE

These days, I find myself quite often enjoying my morning cup of tea sitting outside on the deck. Or in the afternoon as the sun makes its way around the house, I’ll find myself on the front porch, and then of course there is also sitting under the shade of the apple tree. It really doesn’t matter where I am sitting and it doesn’t matter what time of day it is, I am quite often visited by this little guy…
When I first hear the loud buzz, I figure it’s just another one of the many bees we have out here on the farm, but no, it’s Jake, my tiny little humming bird friend.

I love watching him as he zips from flower to flower sipping nectar, reminding me to take each day as it comes... I doubt he ever worries about tomorrow, what he'll do or where he'll eat.  He simply trusts as he gets up each day there will be more flowers to find.  Reminding me “To not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows {hummindbirds}.”  Matthew 10:31 {New International Version {NIV}}

As you enjoy these days, how are you reminded of God's great care for you?

Blessings

3 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

So lovely! Although, I thought "Jake" was the photocopier. ;)

Becky said...

Isn't it wonderful when God sends these little reminders to us...what joy! Even in the little things he cares,as well as the big things

Blessings
Bliss

Debra said...

I said it beforehand I'll say it again. You need to write a kids book!