Saturday, June 23, 2012 | By: Anita

Perspective

We had friends over last night, ones who had never been out to our house before.  As I'm showing her the house and the yard;  I was gently reminded of how blessed I really am.  Where I see an old country farm house, she sees a home with it's own unique qualities.  I see the yard that takes hours and hours to maintain, she sees a wide open expanse of quiet living.  I see weeds in the flowerbeds, she sees flowers and perennials that she'd like to grow.  I see a huge garden overflowing with work she sees many wonderful meals that will crowd my table later in the season. I see a deck and gazebo as a late addition to the house, she see a wonderful area to entertain friends.  I would see this and she would see that. 

It's all about perspective.

Just like the cup, that's filled half way.
Some see it as half full, making you and optimist.  Others see it half empty making them pessimists. Or so "they" say. 

How does your perspective effect the way you see or do things in your life?

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

This reminds me of the movie, Ratatouille.

Mustafa: [taking Ego's order] Do you know what you'd like this evening, sir?
Anton Ego: Yes, I think I do. After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?
Mustafa: With what, sir?
Anton Ego: Perspective. Fresh out, I take it?
Mustafa: I am, uh...
Anton Ego: Very well. Since you're all out of perspective and no one else seems to have it in this BLOODY TOWN, I'll make you a deal. You provide the food, I'll provide the perspective, which would go nicely with a bottle of Cheval Blanc 1947.

Becky said...

I think I need someone to walk through my home to remind me of all the blessings I have to be thankful for...not all the work that needs to be done

Bliss