Sunday, June 17, 2012 | By: Anita

On family

It was a super fun father's day weekend with bbq'ing, hottubbing, and the best part (?) spending time with all our kids!!!

It was such a wonderful surprise when Krystle & Gerard, Kyle & Teya, and Darcy were able to honour their dad today.

Normally on Father's Day I honour my dad, but today I felt I wanted to honour my kids' dad.  Wayne is such a good dad.  Not only has he provided financially well for all of us; {so much so that Kyle has started referring to his dad as the magical gnome - nice father's day gift!}
he tends to meet each of the kids exactly where they are; doing his best to fit into their life.  For example, Wayne & Kyle play volleyball together; with Darcy it's tennis and with Krystle he'll spend countless hours singing with her playing the piano.  And even though he's not my dad he'll go walking each day with me.

I will admit that we have gotten quite used to having an empty nest and normally I am OK with everyone being gone.  But once they've come home and the house is full of life, laughter & love, after they leave I find the emptiness overwhelming.  In fact, I tend to feel quite a bit down and need to be reminded of this “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss.   So I smile, unfortunately there are usually a few tears that tend slip down my cheeks.

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Don't forget being girls with us! ;)

Becky said...

Sounds like it was a fun weekend for you...so glad you were all able to be together....

It is a blessing to have a wonderful father role model for your kids I know I am so blessed as well...

nice tribute to Wayne

Bliss