Thursday, June 28, 2012 | By: Anita

The difference

For a little while now I've been feeling a bit 'betwixt and between'? I'm not sure if it’s still because of this 'empty nest syndrome', or that I’ve recently resigned from my job that I find myself with a new way to define who I am. And while I realize that I am not the first, nor will I be the last women on this journey, it sometimes feels like I am alone.

We’re all on a journey, I guess, but my journey has taken me into territory that even though I knew it was coming and perhaps even looking forward to, I'm still struggling through the process.
And now that I am here I wish to go back; because going forward is unknown and it's somewhere I've never been. I've a feeling of being in . .. . . limbo; which can be an uncomfortable place. It's a feeling of being on a winding path that is heading somewhere but nowhere close to being finished. At least it means there IS a forward motion in effect, a transition of sorts to new beginnings.

I've been journaling in hopes of understanding the transition process. Keeping myself too busy could undermine the processing, because it's in the reflection and contemplation that I am able to stop spinning my wheels long enough to examine the overflow of my heart and take my "spiritual temperature," so to speak.

In Jeremiah 29:11 it says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." {NIV}  It's wonderful to know that God has His hand on my life and that He knows the plans He has for me and while I may not know what the future holds, I do know the One who holds my future.

As I continue on this journey of life, may I remain faithful to take one day at a time, learning to understand the past, live in the present and look forward to the future. Hoping that each day I will make a difference in the lives around me.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

May the Lord lead you as you. Sometimes it may just be a small decision and we have no idea where that will lead until we look back and see His hand along the way ... showing us the way to go.