Friday, April 20, 2007 | By: Anita

Young Love

Young Love!

Oh how sweet it is. Krystle and Gerard have been dating for almost 2 years. WOW! I can hardly believe that it's been that long already. way to go guys!


Gosh, am I really old enough to have a daughter who's dating? No comments from the peanut gallery either. LOL


It has been alot of fun to watch their relationship develop. I mean they kind of knew each other all their lives, going to the same church, seeing each other at Sunday school, junior youth and then into senior youth. It wasn't until the end of Krystle's senior highschool year that they started to date.


It's very exciting for me as a mom to watch our kids grow up. It's hard though too, because as they are getting older, they are becoming more their own person and not an extension of me. I guess that's a good sign. To really do our job as parents well, we put ourselves out of a job.


It's so hard to imagine that when I was Krystle's age I was married, I had her and was expecting the next one. My how times have changed. She is working on getting her Bachelors of Religious Education Professional: Human Services. One year down, three more to go. Gerard plans to do an apprenticeship with Manufacturing. I am not 100% sure what that really means, but I do know that he was able to do a placement with the highschool co-op program.


Well I've become very nostalgic with this post, but hey, it is MY blog, so I guess I can post whatever I want.


On one last note let me just say, how proud I am of who she has become. She has an unwavering faith, strong values & morals, and is confident in who she is in Christ. Love ya Krys!


Blessings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic! What an excellent shot.
I knew you'd be good at this blog thing,Anita. You have creativity trying to burst forth from your being! Keep it up girl!
Rain

Anonymous said...

Great Pic! What an awesome shot!
I knew you'd be good at this blog thing Anita. You have creativity trying to burst forth from your being! Keep it up!
Rain

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures,
You have done a GREAT job in raising your kids, you should be proud of who they have become.
I know I don't tell you this enough you are a FANTASTIC sister, someone I can look up to and get GREAT advice from.
I really appreciate you
Bliss!