Thursday, April 5, 2007 | By: Anita

Halfway

Well, I am halfway there. Only three more days and then they come home.

They don't fly back till late, I mean LATE. Their flight from Cuba leaves late on Sunday night around 9:30pm, so they do not arrive to Toronto till 1:00 ish. Then the LONG drive home. Thank goodness it's a school holiday on Monday so Wayne does not have to be back to driving bus till Tuesday. Kyle booked an extra day off for holidays. I am sure they will be beat and probably sleep ALL day.

I've been managing pretty good on my own, but it's sure been hard with making meals. I must admit, I went out to eat with my w.h.a.t. ladies on Monday for supper. Darcy had badminton practice after school on Tuesday, so we brought Subway subs home for supper. Now last night I did make spaghetti & garlic bread, but I over-estimated how much two people actually eat. So needless to say we have leftovers.

I certainly can understand how empty nesters, like my mom & dad go out to eat on weekends. It's just not as fun cooking for only two people. In fact, Wayne and I are starting to get a taste of it. With Krystle away at school, Kyle doing his thing on weekends and Darcy works on most weekends, Wayne & I eat out at least once if not twice on weekends.

Krystle is coming home this weekend, it's been a couple of weeks since she's been home. I sure miss her!! By the end of this month she'll be moving back home for the summer, and working at two jobs Hessenland and Huron Ridge Acres. That will keep her busy. And before we know it, she'll be back at Heritage College & Seminary in the fall for another year.

But before I get to ahead of myself, I need to focus on this weekend. I'm hoping we can spend some time baking together, and making cards. It is so much more fun, to do it with someone. She has a natural creativeness to her and she gives me such inspiration.

We are not able to get together with my extended family for Easter, since Wayne & Kyle will not be back, and Darcy is scheduled to work, he's at The Little Inn of Bayfield. Just a dishwasher, but hey it's job and the pays not too shabby either. So dinner has been post-poned till the following Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Mom & Dad, and Becky (my sister) and her family were in Florida for a holiday, so I haven't seen anyone in quite a while. Barry (my brother) lives a bit of a distance from me, so we usually only get together, when the whole family does. Plus mom is making dinner, turkey, dressing, the works mmhmm. Somehow it's always better when someone else cooks it. That doesn't seem to be fair to my mom, but..........

Blessings

0 comments: