Tuesday, April 17, 2007 | By: Anita

Proud Papa






Doesn't Kyle look like a proud papa?

Meet the newest member of our family. A little border collie puppy named Ace. Kyle bought him from his good buddy Gerard, whose female had a litter early January of this year.

Kyle sure was excited to get him and we've all been having a lot of fun with this little bundle of fur.

Can you imagine just how excited he will get when he really becomes a dad?

I can get excited thinking about the whole grandparenting thing. Although I can wait till my kids are married and set up in their own houses. But just think about it. You get to be the fun person, no more the disciplinarian.

Wayne & I have been having fun keeping some friends' children. I know they must think we're nuts cause we keep asking "when can we come again to keep your kids". But it's one of those things that once you no longer have it you realize how much you miss it.

I had read my dear friend Melanie's blog about how fast kids grow up and to enjoy each season that you have with them. Try not to push them to far to fast and neither look back regretting the past. Wise words! Thanks Mel!

As my kids have gotten older and have become more and more independent from Wayne & I, I've realized how fast time has a way of slipping by. I really love the stage we're at. It's a bit of empty nest that Wayne & I can go out, have a date, with no worries about a babysitter, but we still have kids coming and going. I am not quite ready for the complete empty nest. Thank goodness each season slowly happens.

1 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks babe,

I can just picture myself at the stage you guys are in...wondering where the time went! (hard to imagine right now, but I know it will fly - time always does).

Hey, anytime you wanna borrow my three, you're more than welcome :)

Love ya,
Mel