Tuesday, April 24, 2007 | By: Anita

Family

The Kaufman grandchildren.

This photo was taken last year (2006) as our family went camping with my sister, her husband and their four boys. My mom & dad came along as well. We have SO much fun, spending time together.

My mom & dad are blessed with seven grandchildren, only 1 girl, with all those boys, but Krystle is right in there when it is time to play hockey, soccer and whatever they come up with to do. And since Gerard is able to come to family dinners it makes the teams even! LOL

My sister came up yesterday, the kids had a P.A. Day, so we were able to get together, her boys wanted to meet Ace, and of course play the X-box that we have. It was wonderful to sit and visit and get caught up on our very busy lives.

Growing up, Becky & I didn't always see eye to eye on a lot things, and I am sure many of you can agree with me, that it's not until you grow up, do you realize how important family actually is. As we chatted about this and that and probably everything else, I realized just how special it is to have a sister. I am sorry to those of you who do not have a biological sister, but you can still have a sister. Once you are in the family of God, you have many brothers & sisters in Christ.

I have been blessed to get to know so many women through the Heart to Heart program that runs for 9 weeks during the spring and Fall at our church. I think it's important to have women friendships. Our husbands are wonderful, but they do not quite fill that place in our hearts. I mean who other than another women can truly understand the myriad of emotions we go through as our kids graduate (kindergarten, GR 8, highschool, gulp college) OK I am not ready for that one yet! LOL
Life it too short not to invest the time into another's life.
Thank you to those of you who have invested in my life.......You know who you are

3 comments:

google adsence said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very sentimaental,
VERY TRUE
Why is it at this stage in ouyr lives do we become more sentimental? Could it be tha we see what we have in life and take it for granted? Or that we see others that don;t have what we have and gain a NEW appreciation foe it?
Any way you look at life...the most important thing to do is take each day and make the MOST of it. Always tring to look for good in others and the circumstances you find yourself in.
Enough rambling I need to get back to work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for investing in my life and the lives of our kids.
Rain