Wednesday, April 11, 2007 | By: Anita

Routine



Well, life has gotten right back into routine. With Darcy to school, Wayne back to busing, and Kyle back to work at Ice Culture's. This is such a cool (pun intended) company. They make sculptures out of blocks if ice. They have made such unique things, like a Toyota corolla to scale, a complete bar out of ice, mazes (life size), dolphins for table centres like this one. Kyle was so fortunate to graduate from highschool last June (2006) and in the fall to walk into full-time year round work. What a blessing! He decided not to pursue further education as of yet, but to make some money. His 18th birthday was quite a milestone. He bought a 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier, got his G2 exit license, and landed a job. Pretty good for one week. He's becoming such an independent lad, I am so proud of him. I am very proud of all my kids. They each have their own unique qualities.

It is a very interesting time for Wayne & I as we are raising (?) our three kids. I question that because we have a 19, 18 & 16 year old. I mean how much parenting do will still do. I know we are still the parents, but it has changed SO much. No longer are we the disciplinarian, but more a confidant, someone to talk with, give advice and let them make their decisions. Some days it's alot harder to let them make their choices and allow them the consequences. Actually most days it is. After all I just want to protect my kids from harm. I thought parenting would get easier once they are older. But it's hard to let them go. Maybe you never really do as a mom, you just lengthen the strings. But I am getting better.

I would have never thought that I would be okay with my daughter living away from home for most of the year as she attends Heritage College & Seminary living in residence. This is almost the end of her second year. The first year, my dear friend Ruth & I were bemoaning the fact that our daughter's were leaving for post secondary school and living in residence. We thought for sure we would have never survived with them being gone, but now it's another year later. And I'm okay.

To everything there is a season and a time for every activity under heaven. I need to focus on the fact that this is just another season in my life. To enjoy it, embrace it and look forward to the next one.

Blessings

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you can rest easy Knowing your boys are home safe
And YES your sister is a TWIT in mixing up the Tim Horton's thing it was her official Blonde moment.
Thanks for getting me "caught Up" on the happening of your life