Monday, April 2, 2007 | By: Anita

Day One

One down and seven to go.
I was surprized actually at how today has gone so quickly. I knew that once I got off to work and was able to get my mind off of them being gone, it wouldn't be so bad.

Last night though...... I made the mistake of watching a sad movie, which I didn't know was sad until the end. It's "The Guardian" with Kevin Costner & Ashton Kutcher. WOW!! Very good story.
It's about the United States Coast Guard rescue swimmers and the training process to become one. Unfortunately one of them dies (won't spoil it for you) hence the title the guardian.
It made me real sad, and then of course I started to think what if something happened to Wayne & Kyle and that started me crying. Then there is the whole HUGE bed thing. I am sure there are those of you who would love to have the whole bed to yourself some night, but not me. After 20 years I am very used to being bed with him.
ok, ok new topic

I was able to finish reading Black Ice, and have started False Witness, it's another fiction book, fairly easy to read, so I should be done in a couple days.
Since it turned out so nice yesterday I was able to go for a walk, it was so warm I felt like walking forever, I did however walk 4 miles. With the nice weather it makes it easier to walk farther, than in the midst of winter. Plus I have convinced Lorraine to become my walking partner. It makes the time go by so much faster if you have someone to walk with. Plus it's a good way for us to catch up with other. I am so excited that the warmer weather is coming, some days not fast enough.

Tonight our w.h.a.t group is meeting for supper, we're heading off to Aunt Gussie's in Grand Bend, if you've never been there it is a definite must try. Very good food, nice atmosphere.
The w.h.a.t. group is an acronym (Women's Hearts Always Together) and it is for any women at any age at any stage in her life to get together with other women and just develop friendships and support each other through prayer and helping where needed.
It's something that God laid on my heart last summer for women who cannot come to Heart to Heart which is another ladies group at our church held during the day.
Right now the group is full, the book (Queen of the Castle) we're doing is a year long, so after that we'll see where God takes us. A couple of options are starting another group to coincide with this one, or divide this group into 2 or 3 groups and start multiplying. We'll just have to wait and see.
Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how was dinner?

Mel said...

Congrats on the blog Anita :) Welcome to the world of blogging. I've really been enjoying yours already!

Did you hear we're supposed to get snow this week? Won't Wayne & Kyle have a good laugh at that one. It's hard to believe that warm weather will ever get here.

Keep up the great work hon. (((hugs))) to you in your loneliness,

Love ya,
Mel