Monday, April 9, 2007 | By: Anita

Their B A-A-A-CK

Yeah!!
Their home. Wayne & Kyle arrived at 5:30 AM. I was not able to wait up, but I did hear them come into the house. They were really trying to be quiet, but I was so excited to see them, that I slept very lightly. They were very tired to say the least.

I am so very thankful that they came home safe. Wayne was supposed to call while they were away, not for any particular reason, just to say hey. But when he didn't call, my over-active imagination started to get the better of me and I was imagining all the worst case scenarios. I was really trying not to get to freaked out, it was just so uncharacteristic of Wayne not to follow through with what he said he would do. I found out though, that with all the instructions in Spanish, Wayne couldn't quite figure out how to place a call.

Then yesterday in church, we sang the song "Because He Lives". One of the lines in it is 'because He lives I can face tomorrow'. Pastor Phil commented that no matter what happens in our lives the good, the bad, we can face tomorrow because Jesus lives on. Well...... then I started to get all freaked out, what if something bad were to happen to Wayne & Kyle, could I face tomorrow? I cannot imagine how people can manage through their struggles or trials without the strength of God.
Dear friends of ours lost their Dad, what an example these dear people are to me, they are living proof of the strength that God gives with how they are able to cope with this loss. Sure they are grieving, but what a peace they have around them.

So as you can imagine I was VERY happy to have my boys come home.
I left for work this morning leaving Kyle & Wayne in bed catching a few ZZZ"s, and I look forward to hearing all about their time together.

Krystle and I enjoyed our time together this weekend as well. We were able to enjoy supper at Aunt Gussies' on Saturday and we shared the Easter breakfast at church on Sunday. But we didn't get any baking or card making crafts done. Oh well, maybe next time. She has a very busy social life. Which is actually a good thing. I do not begrudge her to have time to be with other friends & other's family. (wink wink)
She headed back to school today, she's become such an independent girl, I mean women. It's so hard to realize that my little girl is pretty well grown up. Where did the time go?
I was able to sneak a few treats into carry-on bag, so when she unpacks she'll know that I am thinking of her.

I'm looking forward to getting back into routine, I couldn't believe how out of sync I got with Wayne away.
But I did manage to get quite a few books read, I'm still reading through the Poison Wood Bible, & Fresh-Brewed Life and of course Queen of the Castle.

Blessings

0 comments: