Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | By: Anita

Sleepyhead

Some days, making a difference begins with something as simple as getting out of bed. This morning, I didn’t want to get up. My mind was tired and my body exhausted. Living with an auto-immune disorder can do that to a person.

Most mornings, I hear it; that soft but persistent whisper, telling me to give up before I even begin. It says I’m not good enough. It tells me that another hour in bed won’t hurt a bit.  Since I am not employed nor volunteer anywhere it would have been easy to just to stay in bed. 

This voice is familiar; it speaks logically and sadly in a voice that I recognize. As a result, I often believe it, but deep, deep down, I know it’s a liar.

I’ve heard that voice before.


Just this morning, I heard it again. But this time, I refused to believe it. In spite of how I felt, I got up, even though I really didn’t feel like it.

And you know what? I survived.  Not only that, I made something that mattered ~ at least in some small way. 

You can do this, too!

Despite how tired you feel, or whether you want to… all it takes is the desire to begin, the strength to press in, and the perseverance to continue.

“Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
Romans 5:3-4 {New International Version {NIV}}  

Sometimes, making a difference is just that simple. That doesn’t mean it’s easy, but it’s doable. So what is it must you do to get started?  Simply kick off the sheets, put your feet on the floor, and get out of bed. Sometimes, it doesn’t matter how you feel. You just need to do it. Even if it’s hard. But to begin, you must get out of bed.

What gets you up in the morning?


Blessings

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

You are so right. And once you are up and ready for the day it's okay. It is good to have goal for the day too. Something to get done, someone to help or encourage. It can be as little as writing a few cards and getting them into the mail.

Becky said...

It is getting harder and harder to get out of bed, when it is so toasty staying under the covers....

Snow day?

Bliss