Wednesday, December 4, 2013 | By: Anita

Nerd Alert!

Hi, my name is Anita, and I am a nerd. 
I'm one of those people who love taking personality tests.

From tests like this one {I’m an INTJ}

to ones like this {my temperament is melancholic}
or this DISC assessment  {D - 67%, I - 21%, S - 63%, C - 88% }
Decisive ~  your preference for problem solving and getting results
Interactive ~ your preference for interacting with others and showing emotion
Stability ~ your preference for pacing, persistence and steadiness
Cautious ~ your preference for procedures, standards and protocols

to even the goofy ones you find online {Spoon ~ ♥},
in magazines, or this one that can give you a description about who you are based solely on your birth date…I love them all.

Told'ya I was a nerd!


I find the results to be quite fascinating and enjoy reading them none-the-less. I was surprised at how many of the traits did describe my personality. It was a fun exercise {make sure you give some of them a try}, and oddly enough it did have some information about me that was pretty accurate!

But when I read the results, my mind started to wonder… is this really me? Is this all there is to “Anita,” all neat and tidy and packaged into a few lines?

To be honest with you, some of it was hard to read because there were hard truths that had been spoken to me through the years by friends, employers, and previous co-workers that I really didn’t want to believe were true. Parts of my personality that seem to haunt me, no matter how hard I try to change it or hide it. One thing I learned in taking this test? You can only hide your God-given personality so long before you turn into a burned-out, stressed-out mess.

But when I took a step back and looked at the positive side of some of these, it helped me realize something about this “personality” of mine.

God made me this way.

And some of the more negative sides of my personality? I have to admit, these are the very areas I’ve been praying about for years. Do these tests fully describe who God created me to be? Not at all ~ but it’s a helpful tool in understanding a little bit more about myself. 


Any fellow nerds out there?

Blessings 

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Sure! We're all nerds. We're all made with an unique personality with our own quirks. Not one of us is perfect.