Monday, December 30, 2013 | By: Anita

Monday!?!

It’s one of those mornings… AND it’s a Monday.
Tell me, please, who out there loves a Monday morning; {even with a nice steaming hot cuppa tea sitting right beside you} especially the Monday morning after the week after Christmas. Today is a day of mixed emotions.

These few days between Christmas and New Years can feel heavy.

The gifts are unwrapped, only a few crumbs of all that baking remain, and the kids have headed back to their own homes.

This is an awkward in-between time … a difficult season, and I’m struggling.  It’s the kind of morning where throwing out confessions feels freeing. Don’t judge...sometimes it’s just good for the soul.

Confessions like;
I haven’t cleaned in two or three Ahem, ten days.
Or, that my counter is full with dirty dishes, again, and the laundry has actually piled up!
Or, I could somewhat-embarrassingly confess that I don’t want to wash my hair today because I am exhausted from the previous week to even give myself some self-care.
Or that I am glad to have my house back to “normal”.
Or that I counting down the days until the hubs can head back to driving bus.

It has been a busy, fun-filled, laughter ridden, over-eating, family-loving, time together, well spent, week.

annnnnnnd, I am exhausted!

oh, don’t misunderstand me, we had an amazing Christmas!

… and yet …
How do you overcome the after-Christmas blues?

Blessings

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

That quote just about sums it up! Being a hostess (even to your own grown family) is wonderful but can be exhausting for sure!
Wishing you joy and peace for the New Year.