Saturday, December 14, 2013 | By: Anita

Holiday panic

From “A Charlie Brown Christmas”
Christmastime is here!

Gotta find the perfect tree and put up the perfect lights
Gotta buy the perfect gifts at the perfect sale prices
Gotta set up the perfect decorations
Gotta get the perfect outfits
Gotta bake the perfect cookies and cook the perfect meal
Gotta make the most perfect of all memories.


With Christmas less than two weeks away, I am having moments of panic. I don't have all my shopping done, the Christmas Cards have yet to be made, thanks to Krystle I do have the baking done, and yes, my tree is finally up, but there is that underlying feeling of frenzy.

... gotta pause.

Christ is the perfect gift, given to us by God, so that we don’t have to be perfect.  We don’t need to do anything...  we are valuable, loved, cherished, and complete not by what we find, get, set, make, or buy, but just in who we are.

Blessings


0 comments: