Monday, December 10, 2012 | By: Anita

Today

Are you someone who thinks a lot about all you have to get done – this afternoon, tonight, tomorrow? Sometimes even waking up in the middle of night trying to remember each and every item on your to-do list?

I am.

If I’m really honest with you, I often live gripped by the stress fear of what I have to do.

To-do lists litter my life.

They are suffocating me.

Tell me I am not alone.
Right now I am sitting at my desk in the corner of my kitchen, trying to type these words, and my mind keeps getting distracted by the dishes on the counter, the dog waiting to go for a walk, as well as what needs to be accomplished at work tomorrow.

I read somewhere that our most destructive thought is tomorrow.

And in this season of reflection; with the God of the universe coming to earth as a baby, I can’t help but be challenged to slow down and focus on what is in front of me today.

We’re reminded in Matthew 6:34 New International Version (NIV) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own”.

I don’t want to live a distracted life, but to live focused on what I have in front of me ~ TODAY! To live a life of fruit and not become destructive; adding clarity, purpose and intention to everything that I do, in this moment, not tomorrow somehow, but today.

So I plan to make the most of my today’s.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it is called the present.

How about you? Will enjoy today - or are you already thinking about tomorrow?

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

I am already thinking about all that needs to take place this weekend...my to do is never to done...

I really need to take the time to just enjoy the present

Bliss