Thursday, December 13, 2012 | By: Anita

A Time to Give

Holidays and giving seem to go hand in hand.

Not because we shouldn’t give all year long. We do, and I’m sure you do, too. But this time of year does tend to bring out the best in us, and I’m always thankful to learn about ways to give to organizations I’ve supported in the past, as well as ones I’m learning about for the first time.

Sometimes, though, it can feel overwhelming this time of year, with so many opportunities to give and help. A couple of weeks ago, though, I looked at my inbox and felt so heavy. As I clicked yet another email asking for my help, I wanted to shout at my computer, “I can’t help you! I’m already helping here! And there! And over there! I can’t do it all!”

Have you ever felt that way? So overwhelmed with need that you can’t process and, in the end, can’t help or care anymore? I don’t often reach that point, but I do have to be careful not to invest my heart and soul in every single cause out there. Worthy as they may be, I simply can’t make a difference in every cause or need in the world. That’s why my “learning to be honest with myself” strategy is to learn, choose and focus.

We been supporting Compassion Canada for several years. The work they do is amazing and life-changing, and this is one more way you can help release children from poverty. Gifts come in every price range (starting at $4) and make it easy to make a huge difference in a child’s or family’s life! If you're interested in supporting Compassion here's the link.

Last year we decided to build a stable in Peru ~ while we didn't physically go and build it, although that might be something to try later on in life ~ we did send enough money to fill the stable {1 cow, 2 goats, 2 pigs, 4 or 5 chickens}. 
It truly is a blessing to give rather than receive. 

How are you giving this holiday season?

Blessings

0 comments: