Wednesday, December 26, 2012 | By: Anita

Boxing Day Blessings

I was up at 4 am anticipating the day ahead - excited beyond belief to have the family home for Christmas. We didn’t have to prepare much as I spent the day before stirring, mixing, measuring, chopping, blending, baking, basically doing everything needed so I could spend our Christmas focused on the family, not on the food.

We tend to do a rather non-traditional meal around our house at Christmas time; rather than turkey & dressing ~ we decided to serve a brunch which consisted of: brunch enchiladis, cinnamon buns, fruit salad, specialty cheeses, shrimp ring, and yogurt. For supper we feasted upon; nacho dip, hot cheese spread, tortilla wraps spudge rolls, chicken wings, jalepeno poppers, mozza sticks, italian meatballs and of course the leftovers from brunch. We also munched throughout the day on nuts & bolts, Christmas crack, and chips; to say we’ve gotten our share of carbs is a bit of an understatement ~ however it sure was mmhmm, mmhmmm good!

After our brunch we settled into the family room for our gift exchange. We had drawn names back in October when everyone was here for my birthday.

Gerard gave his gift to Teya,

who gave her gift to…. . Gerard.
Krystle gave her gift to her Dad,
who gave his gift to Darcy,
who gave his gift to Krystle.
 Kyle gave his gift to me
and I returned the favour by giving my gift to him.
Wayne & I decided that even though we are in on the gift exchange we still wanted to buy a gift of each of the ‘kids’.

We gave Krystle the `Holy Family' Willow Tree Angel set.
Teya received a bath set and a jewellery holder in the shape of a ladies evening gown.
Our boys got Lego ~ yes Lego.  Even though they are 22 & 24, they still love it!
Gerard was given a box of hot chocolate K-cups and gift cards for a few fast food places {A&W, McDonalds, Dairy Queen & Subway}.  sorry, I didn't get a picture of that.

However, I did happen to snap a picture of these boys in their matching T-shirts
love it!

As I reflect over the day, my heart swells with love for family;  the laughter we shared, the tears of joy expressed, the memories made; I will treasure this day for years to come.

Blessings

0 comments: