Thursday, December 6, 2012 | By: Anita

The everyday

Some days when I walk down the quiet country road I think about how ordinary my life feels.
Sometimes with all the beautiful photos we put up on our blogs or facebook, it’s easy to think that someone’s life is perfect or charmed. And while I’m surrounded by so many blessings, there doesn’t seem to be many blog-worthy moments between cleaning the house, doing the laundry, running errands and whatever else is on my to-do list giving the same mundane routine to each and every day.

Life can be small when we live it in the same pattern over and over and over and over again Monday to Monday. My life loops small, familiar circles around the same topics and I’m OK with that.

So I do it. I record the seemingly small things; I write down the non events, our plans and my inner thoughts. I spend my time sitting and thinking and then writing.

Else I will forget them. Else I will only remember the blur. I write down the rut, the routine and the everyday.  There’s so much sameness that no one would think to look twice.

But; I write it so I can look back and reminisce over each and every imperfect moment all over again.

And I’m OK with that.

I am becoming OK with that.

And you?

Are you? OK, I mean......

We can be OK together. We can revel in our in betweens and write them down with so much tired love because if we don’t we won’t know how much it all meant.

Slowly. Deliberately. Extraordinarily.

Blessings



0 comments: