Tuesday, March 1, 2011 | By: Anita

A new month....

.... a new chance. I love the 1st day of each month. It's a chance at a fresh start ... again! Too often I get caught up in the fact that new chances or changes can only happen on New Year's Day. It makes me think that I have to stay in the mold or rut I am in because it's not a 'new year', only a new day. But that's just it isn't it. It IS a NEW day. We're given a fresh chance everyday to become a better person than we were the day before. Living out our lives day to day can be pretty monotonous; doing what we've always done. Why is it then, we are so astonished to get the same end result as before? Seems kind of obvious, doesn't it? If you want different end results you need to make some changes. But what to change? Where to start? I posted that we're in the midst of what feel like a crossroad, not sure which way to turn. Not wanting to go the wrong way, we hesitate to make that first step. So we've taken that first step {in faith} that this is where we are to go and what we are to do. I guess we'll find out soon enough if that's "the one less traveled by", and see if "that has made all the difference". "quoted from 'the road not taken' by Robert Frost"

Blessings

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

May god lead you each step of the way in your decision making.

Becky said...

what a wonderful insight and REMINDER that each day is a new day with a new outlook to go with it, I too am so easily discouraged when I start something and fail to see it all the way through, I appreciate the reminder that I CAN start FRESH again tomorrow.....

Praying for you and would love the chance to sit an chat (but mostly listen) over tea about all the changes( crossroads) happening in your life...feeling a little left out of the loop....sorry for not being there for you as you have always been for me
Bliss