Sunday, March 6, 2011 | By: Anita

A day to rest

Wayne is making the drive to Orillia and back on his own; allowing me a day to rest. He's either being very gracious or he just wants an excuse to drive the santa fe - see this post for the story. Having both boys home for their college reading week breaks has made this week a little busier than usual. More meals were made, more laundry was washed, more cleaning was needed to keep the house tidy, more laundry, more dishes were washed, and did I mention there was more laundry ^.^

Needless to say it was not quite the same restful week for me as it was for them. Don't misunderstand, I don't resent them being home, in fact it's quite the opposite. I have absolutely loved them being home and will definitely miss them when their gone. It'll likely take a few days to get back into our own routine again.

Dictionary.com describes rest as {noun} ~ refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor: to allow an hour for rest; relief or freedom, especially from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs. {verb} ~ to refresh oneself, as by sleeping, lying down, or relaxing; to be at ease; have tranquillity or peace.

It's good to take time and just rest, whether your napping, relaxing with a good book, or even blogging. I'm thankful that today I can do just that.

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for a fun time and a great meal

krystle ann-marie said...

At least I do my own laundry, for the most part. ;)