Monday, August 1, 2016 | By: Anita

It's a choice

Remember this post?  where I revealed my one word.   That one word I was going to spend this year focusing on.  That one word I was going to try to live my life by. 

I find it interesting that when I do not consciously think about my one word, I have quite the opposite experience.  So rather than being content I've become discontent.

Oh, the irony!

Too often I find myself focusing on what I don't have rather than what I do have... especially when I am in an active season of my illness.  It is far too easy to feel down about this, that, and everything else.

I guess it's choosing to be more thankful. The word thanks just lifts your spirit. To say thanks is to celebrate the gift. 

Something. 

Anything.

Everything. 

Too often we are too quick with our assessment of what God's gifts are. Especially if they're limitations according to the world.  

But we should still thank Him moment by moment. 

Day by day. 

And make the choice to be content. 
“Not that I was ever in need, 
for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.” Philippians 4:11 {New Living Translation {NLT}}

Take Care

0 comments: