Sunday, August 28, 2016 | By: Anita

Enjoy the ride

Last night I sat on the front porch, taking a few moments to relax and listened to the rhythm of the falling rain. Letting it's peaceful sound wash over me as I reflected on my day. 

We took the motorcycle out for a tour….. first heading out for breakfast, then off to the local farmers market and we stopped at a couple of other stores on the way home.  Not really looking for anything in particular, just enjoying the ride!

Sitting on the back of the bike gives me a lot of time to think.  And as I process my thoughts, I realize something ~ future worries, tomorrow’s struggles, and worst-case scenarios are something I tend to focus my thinking on. 

Small or big ~ it doesn’t matter, my worry finds a way to steal the joy from any situation. I become unglued and unraveled and undone, and every now and then, I cannot pull it together quickly enough. 

Sometimes my over~thinking comes from something as simple as the everyday details of life, but it can also paralyze me as I envision how I would respond should something happen.

How about you?  Do you struggle with the unknown of tomorrow? 
Or do you remind yourself of Matthew 6:34 {New International Version {NIV}} “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” 

We need not worry about the future. 

For God himself says “I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

So then, let us continue to put our trust in the One who knows what is to come. 

Will you join me?

Take Care