Thursday, August 11, 2016 | By: Anita

'Fraidy cat

Confession: I am afraid of a lot.

Snakes … Spiders … Getting lost … Walking into a room full of people … Bees … The unknown... Finance trouble... Speaking in public … Frogs … Saran wrap … Mice … Pansies …  What if’s …  


and this is just the short list…

Fear is one of my biggest problems. I often times let fear rule my life more than putting my faith in God. 

Tell me I am not the only one!

There are so many things to fear though, aren’t there? Too many bad things that could happen in life, right?  It seems like we or perhaps I am the only one who spends an inordinate amount of time coming up with a list of everything that could go wrong.  And rather than considering that God knows what He’s doing and trusting Him, I immediately roll out a long list of what-ifs.

If we’re constantly worrying, then our actions are saying, “God, I don’t really trust You.
When you look back over your life and you really give God credit for what He's done, it's easier to trust Him. God has our best interests in mind. He knows our hearts. He knows what we need. Therefore, we can trust Him with our entire life.

So why do we worry? 

If you’re like me and are struggling to trust God with some areas of your life, let me tell you a secret… the only way to deal with it is to admit what you’re afraid of, and then give it all to God.  Easy?  Not really.  What I’m saying is that we must allow God to give us the strength, wisdom, and courage to overcome our fear. And
 then trust Him to give us the power needed to overcome the fear. 


How about you? Are you putting your faith in the what-ifs? Are you laden with worries, 

anxieties, and fears?  

Or do you “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”  Proverbs 3:5 {New International Version {NIV}}

However, you still won’t find me planting any pansies…

Take Care 



0 comments: