Friday, August 5, 2016 | By: Anita

never say never

ahhh summer! it's finally slowing down and stretching out, and i’ve found a rhythm that is helping…. 

it’s becoming my new reality and i’m more and more comfortable with the fact that i am not and will likely never be on top of things. you see, when i’m in the middle of a flare up i struggle… thinking that i will never get my life back in order.

i wonder if God has chuckled at some of my “nevers.” 

like the time i said, “i am never going to marry a farmer.”  little did i know that God already had a farmer picked out for me and this fall, that farmer and i will be celebrating 30 years of marriage! 

i love how God has a way of working in our hearts. how He can change our perspectives to line up with His, our plans to His plans, and our “nevers” into beautiful realities. 

but sometimes i still wonder: is what I’m doing matter? am i making any sort of difference? does anyone else struggle like this? will i never get it together? 

am i the only one who whispers such questions? 

and so i wait…. impatiently and imperfectly and through this process, He wants for me to understand the value of Philippians 4:13
Take Care

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

The verse that I've been reminded of time and time again this year is
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; (Psalm 138:8) and I just want to claim it, trusting Him to do something worthwhile in and through my life, little as it may be. Maybe as small as a phonecall. Isn't that encouraging?