Tuesday, March 8, 2016 | By: Anita

Not Nothing

There are so many things I’m not good at. And apparently I have an inner monologue determined to record each and every one of them. There is a little voice inside my head that reminds me of my shortcomings, failures and mistakes. Some days it’s quiet and some days like today it’s super LOUD. 

Most often the whisper is so soft, so ordinary, so normal that I just let the words run through my mind until they seem like a normal part of my thoughts. It’s the strangest thing, to discover the back of your brain muttering mean things to yourself. 

The house will never be clean.
You’ll never get caught up on the bookwork. 
You’re not good enough. 
You will always be behind. 
You can’t do that. 
You’re just not good at this. 

I am amazed that I was capable of such petty meanness to myself. I would never ever, I mean NEVER EVER say any of those things to someone else, so why on earth would I speak to myself that way? So, you know what I did? I told that little voice off today. Yep, that’s right! I totally did!

Because I am not nothing.  So what if I'm not like her or her or even so and so. 

What I am is  
 and His voice is the only one I need to listen to.

Take Care

0 comments: