Monday, March 28, 2016 | By: Anita

#famjam

We celebrated Easter dinner with the family yesterday. There’s something so special about having the family home.  Creating lasting memories. 

It was bustling in my kitchen the day before ~ chopping, slicing, mincing, cutting, whisking, stirring, cubing, baking, thinking, planning... and repeat.  I wanted to make their coming home memorable. 

Confession: I am a perfectionist. I can’t even say I’m a recovering perfectionist, because if I’m really honest I know I haven’t given up those tendencies. I want our memories to be lovely and pretty close to perfect. 

But honestly, let's face it ~ I am not the best hostess nor a great cook. What's even harder? is to not get bogged down by society that says holidays should look perfect and trendy, shiny and colourful, stunning and impressive. With magazines, blogs and television shows constantly reminding us, it's hard to feel like you don't measure up.

It's wonderful celebrating the holidays, isn't it? 

It's in those moments when I realize, these holidays holy days are not about us. 
I pray your Easter was filled not just with special family time, but many moments to reflect and ponder the wonder of His sacrifice for us. 

This is a time of celebration.

Take Care

1 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

We got to celebrate not once, but twice! Take that, perfectionism!