Wednesday, May 8, 2013 | By: Anita

Support Group

This time of year is so crazy busy for Wayne. Not only does he drive bus full-time for the St. Anne's Catholic High school, he also is a hired man for a neighbour, which means he works another 12-14 hour days depending on what is going on AND he cash crops our farm of 150 acres. For those who are unfamiliar with “farm-talk”, cash-crop means we grow a variety of crops (corn, soy beans, wheat etc.) for cash. He totally loves it. God definitely placed a farmer's heart within my husband.

We have a few days during this time of year that get a little stressful. Over time I have learned to be much more tolerant to my “missing” husband. I'll be lucky to see him an hour or so each day, and then he's usually so tired that he tries catch a few winks.

One of the things I've learned during both planting and harvesting time is that it's very important to stay out of the farmer's way during this time and just let him do his thing. It used to be a stressful time for me when the kids were younger, because Daddy was very busy and parenting our kids would become mostly my responsibility. Now though it's much easier to cope with the long work days and the stress he faces relying on the weather for getting the crops in and or off depending on the season. 

Thank goodness that this too is only for a time just like it says in Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven”.  Reminding myself of this helps me put the busyness into a clearer perspective and to know that this too shall pass.

As I gather with other farmer's wives to commiserate together, comfort each other and consider our lifestyles, I realize that I am not alone during this season and am quite thankful and grateful for the support these women give me.

Hello my name is Anita and I am a farmer's wife.

Blessings

0 comments: