Sunday, May 12, 2013 | By: Anita

Mother's Day

My mom isn’t perfect {shocking, I know} but she’s the perfect mom for me. While I was still at home my mom and I didn’t always get along very well, not sure if our personalities clashed, I was too strong-willed and opinionated or I was just an immature moron. Thankfully I grew up, moved out and perhaps becoming a mom myself helped me to better understand the relationships that are between a mother and her children. After my kids were born, it was then that I better understood my mom’s love for her children, her sacrifice, her pain and her joy.

Ever since I was a little girl all I ever wanted was to be a mom, either that or a stewardess {can you tell I was raised in the ‘70`s?}


I am more than blessed to be called mom by Krystle, Kyle & Darcy.  It has been an amazing journey with many exciting, many frantic, many proud, many challenging, many blessed, and many unforgettable moments which are some of my best memories. I am very thankful to God for giving me these kids.  {even that stinky-boy Gerard who insists on calling me mother}.  They've taught me so many things; to love unconditionally, to stretch my faith, to test my patience, they've given me more joy than I could ever imagine, and to laugh, oh how we laugh!

It seems like only yesterday that we had three little kids running through the house. And at times it felt like I was in that season FOREVER .. . .. .... I soon came to realize that time has a way of quickly passing. All of our lives we’ll be changing, adapting, growing, speeding up, slowing down, but one thing that will never change ~ is there is nothing, that is more precious than to be called mom by these cherished gifts from God.
Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

A very nice mom tribute. There really is nothing better than being a mother.
Happy Mother's Day to you. May your children rise and call you blessed.
I know I am blessed to have four beautiful boys.
Bliss