Monday, May 27, 2013 | By: Anita

Begin again

It's Monday. Again. What's so bad about Monday.. . . well, nothing really. It’s not like it’s back to work after a lovely weekend off for me. . .. my days tend to blend together.  As I made my bed this morning, talking to God about facing yet another week.. . . another week. . .. of nothing.  Staring into the emptiness of each day/week has an overwhelming feeling of uncertainty, praying for dreams/ideas that seem so far from reality I wonder where they came from and again, weary with putting one foot in front in the other. . . . He said “Beloved, you are loved for who you are, not for what you do” ~ stopping me right in my tracks.

So here I sit, another Monday .. .. ... . waiting on Him.
Have you ever done that? Had to wait. .. . I mean, really wait? Really believe? Really wrestle? I have not until this season in my life. There are days my life seems so unimportant, so worthless and wasted. But it doesn’t have to be this way.

As I begin a new week, I need to come face to face with God and really let Him look at my heart, but also, look at His. Staying close to Him and being reassured that as I pray I know my words have found their home. . . .. . He has leaned down to listen to my cries, my whispers, my silent pleas in the dark.

Each week is a new beginning, a new start to believe again and be reminded that just being busy is not fine. . ... ..

Remember when you would ask somebody how they were doing, and they used to answer, “Fine.” But nowadays, everybody answers, “Busy.”

“‘Busy’ has become the new ‘Fine’.”
Jeff Shinabarger

We are never forced into a lifestyle of busyness. Busy, in and of itself, is not a badge of honour that many wear with distinction. Busy does not need to define you. Unbusy is possible. It is okay to not be busy.

Is the state of busy really improving your life?

I’ll admit that I don’t have it all together, and that at the end of the day I like to have a “to-do” list to check off. I struggle with placing my worth in what I do, not in who I am, but I am trying to begin again . . .. …

Blessings

1 comments:

Becky said...

Wow that so is how how was feeling this Monday ....

Looking so forward to summer holidays

Bliss