Friday, November 9, 2012 | By: Anita

Git 'er Dun!

I’ve blogged before about how far behind I am these days, with the laundry, the cleaning, the dishes and the dreaded bookwork. Truth to tell it’s been a hard way to live, since I am usually a very organized person. 

We own and operate a farming business - and while I am not an accountant it has been one of my responsibilities to write all the cheques and then input all the info into an Excel program keeping track of all the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.

With the deadline looming

I knew I needed to get started. It seems that almost another whole year has slipped by without getting this done. Which is dumb, when I stop to think about it because this is actually one of the jobs that I like to do.

I never realized that I am such a procrastinator or that I am so easily distracted. It seems that once I sit at my desk, I find myself reading articles, surfing Wikipedia, playing games, watching you tube videos, blogging and everything else but what I should be doing.

On Monday I decided to git ‘er dun; {to quote Larry the cable guy} and so I sat all day and worked at the books. Yesterday again was another bookwork day and .. .well. .. . my mother would be so proud.. .. .. I am done!!! Well not quite. Since the year is not officially over I’ll still have to finish off November and enter Decembers’ info. But other than that, I am done! Ahhahh, what a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. I’m hoping that after sitting for so long and suffering from a sore back, numb fingers and a pain in my rear ~ that I’ll take a little time each month and stay on top of it.

Maybe I should give myself an incentive ~ one for each month ~ dangle the proverbial carrot in front of me ~ giving me the push that I seem to need to
Hmhmm ~ I like that!

 
It’s proven that incentives are one of the most important parts of motivation. Just something simple . .. .. … a way to reward myself at the end of each month.

Blessings

0 comments: