Wednesday, February 1, 2012 | By: Anita

facebook free february

after reading this blog and her decision to go without facebook for one month. i was convicted. and realized that this could be and would be a really, really good thing for me to do as well. facebook has been wonderful for me. it's helped me to re-connect with old friends, it keeps me in the loop with what‘s going with my family, it’s like a tiny window into the world.

but it’s becoming or i guess already has become a bit of an addiction. you see, i check facebook regularly. and by regularly i don’t mean only once or twice a day. by regularly i mean one or twice an hour and yes, i do read all that has transpired since my last check in. i get quite frustrated with myself and my need to see whose doing what and who’s thinking this. i mean what did we do before facebook. we never knew that so and so was doing this or that he was heading off to wherever or that she would be venting about that.

so, every time i feel like checking a status update, i will instead take that time to pray. and every time i feel like i need to know what others are doing, i'll have to ask them when i see them next.

i needed to make this difficult decision at least for the month of february otherwise i’m allowing facebook to dictate my life. i’m always saying you need to make time in your life for the important things and really, does facebook, merit that kind of status?

so.. . ... i'll let you know how things go.

Blessings

2 comments:

krystle ann-marie said...

Oh, phew! For a minute there I thought you said you were going to give up blogging for a month! Then there would be no comments on mine! (Not that that is the reason I write) But, read the last one I posted! I have a challenge for you :)

Becky said...

Good Luck to you...hope you can live by your conviction...although if you slip up no one will judge...

it is important to be accountable for your time...although I am sure you make the most of yours

Bliss