Saturday, February 18, 2012 | By: Anita

blechk

i feel undone.

and not just because it’s early on saturday morning. this undoing is the slow unraveling of everything i once held close to my chest. it’s the quiet whisper of One asking me to hand over expectations and beliefs and doubt, leaving me tangled in the debris.

but it’s a hopeful debris.

i think back on these past few weeks – i’m not sure why i hesitate with faith. probably because my knee jerk reaction is to wonder what’s on the other side, what fist is about to fall.. . ...

you would think, by now, i’d be used to the crushing. but i know from others’ experiences that really, this is just the beginning. crushing means finding gems in the dust. crushing means starting from scratch – a new beginning.

and in a weird way, this undoing is just about the most invigorating thing i’ve ever experienced because i know only He can untangle the messy pieces. for this reason, i may be undone but i’m so thankful i’m held in His hand.
Isaiah 49:16 "See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands".
Blessings

0 comments: