Friday, January 30, 2015 | By: Anita

Trusting In Him

It’s been another one of those weeks, where  I haven't been getting quality sleep and some nights, much sleep at all. I’ve been exhausted and stressing about the fact that I wasn’t sleeping. You know how that only makes it harder!

Was I trying to do all this on my own again? Had I forgotten that I need to leave the worries in God’s hands? To let Him decide how I use my waking or resting hours? Maybe I needed to repent for the things I’d tried to hold myself, when I needed God to be in control. Maybe then, I’d rest better. . . rest with God and in His care.
There’s been so much “noise” in my head, so many things on my mind lately. Had I been taking the time to be quiet before God? Or was I so preoccupied with myself, my pain and my problems ~ that I wasn’t allowing God to direct my thoughts and actions?

Trust is something that God seems to highlight frequently. God has proven Himself worthy of my trust, so many times before. And yet, as a difficult situation comes to mind, I worry, I simply wasn’t trusting as I should? Did I need to let go more and be quieted before God, so that I could trust all to Him?
 
2 Corinthians 12:10 {New International Version {NIV}} reminds us: “That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

The end of this verse is ‘strong’ ~ not a word I’d use to describe my physical attributes in any sense.

It would be good to think that my life demonstrates a different kind of strength ~ the strength I have available from God, that makes the difference in my life, and certainly helps in the daily challenges of chronic illness.

I need to be quietly trusting in the One who brings me strength, even when I’m weak.

How about you? Are there things you need to hand back, or over to God’s care, so you can rest in Him and trust Him better? What reminds you to do this?

Take Care

0 comments: