Wednesday, January 28, 2015 | By: Anita

On purpose

This time of year it’s so easy to feel bogged down and under the weather. The holidays have come and gone, and the excitement of the season has long since faded, but no matter what life looks like today, there is so much to celebrate. . . even on these cold, wintry days!

I once heard these words. . . We either make ourselves happy or miserable ~ the amount of work is the same.

As I am getting older, {gasp ~ did I just say that?}, life becomes increasingly precious. Each day is a gift in and of itself. Time spent with loved ones more precious.

Just last night, my husband and I spent time together in the hottub ~ and the peace and quiet was as beautiful as the view. Everything seemed to slow down, and the quieter it was outside, the quieter it became inside. My heart rate slowed down, and the mental chatter disappeared.

And all I can say ~ It. Sure. Felt. Good!

We all need to take time to unplug.Unplug, as defined by dictionary.com “to be free from obstruction; to unclog”.

It was simply wonderful to take some time and focus on us ~ not the bills that need to be paid, or the repairs that have to be completed on the house but to talk about us and our future plans, our hopes and dreams ~ life is a gift.

Lately I am discovering how much I need quiet, to just still myself before Him … It’s noisy out there in our big, full lives and while some of the noise can’t be avoided, we do invite some of it in.

How can we pay attention to the important and meaningful stuff, or even discern what is important or meaningful if we are attempting to pay attention to all of it? The short answer is that we can’t. We need quiet time and space in our homes and our lives for contemplation and clarity so we can choose what matters most.

It’s what happens in the quiet times.

What matters most looks different for everyone. My life, and yours too, is going to pass in a flash. We want to live purposefully, keeping our eyes focused on what's truly important. 

So if life has thrown you for a loop lately, or felt like a kick in the face, remember these words:

CHOOSE to be THANKFUL
Because you can

Take Care

0 comments: